4th April 2019
◊ April 23, 2019 will be the day of 70 years’ foundation anniversary of People’s Liberation Army Navy of China ( PLAN ). The Ministry of National Defense of China announced yesterday that multinational navy celebration activities will be held on that occasion in the port of Qingdao. As yet the, Qingdao Port Authority ( QPA ) and ocean carriers have not announced any information regarding the impact of this international activities. In any case, deviation from normal port operations and some delays are to be expected.
• Vessel schedules in Week 16 and/or Week 17 have the possibility and risk of vessel delay or voyage cancelled.
• Security inspection measures will be enforced for vessel’s berthing.
• The port will impose traffic- flow control around that time.
• The discharging and loading of any DG goods will be suspended. It is said only Class 9 may be allowed transit in/out Qingdao port.
• For environmental protection reasons, factories have to comply with strictly safety and environmental requirements. Productivity capacity may be affected.
• Due to the rush prior to this celebration activity, carriers’ space and trucking will be tight prior to that time.
• Airfreight and/or transportation to Tianjin/Shanghai as port of loading will be increased for urgent orders
◊ It is recommended that:
✓ Consignees well plan shipment orders/quantities and shipment date in advance.
✓ Factories plan their production and road transportation well in advance to avoid missing ship-date.
✓ Shippers place bookings well in advance to secure space.
✓ Get prepared for all necessaries to mitigate risk of shipment delays and minimize the impacts.